Thursday, September 15, 2005

ASIS Orlando

I know I had planned to blog from Orlando but events overtook me and I'm back now. Needless to say that it was a huge event with tons of informational seminars and somewhere like 300 vendors showing their goods. One of those vendors also happens to be another organization that I am very involved with and it focuses on training for line security officers, supervisors and managers. These are folks that have to make the security happen everyday. I was once one of them and "it ain't easy." They are typically underpaid, undertrained, and treated like an incapable moron - who does everyone call when something happens? That's right - security! It has got to be one of the oddest paradoxes in our society. Oh, the organization is The International Foundation for Protection Officers based in Florida. They offer great training programs - of which I am a proud certificate holder - and an outlet for learning that really doesn't exist anywhere else in the industry.

I know this isn't about ASIS in Orlando - but that's it.

1 comment:

  1. what are the benefits of belonging to ASIS? Are there any opportunities for students?

    ReplyDelete